August 13th, 2021

How to Gain More Patients with Medical SEO?

Doctors are known as the best experts in their field and it’s no surprise why. They are the people who spend years studying their profession and thousands of hours taking courses, interning, and shadowing to be able to claim they’re the expert in that area. So, why do you think it’s important for doctors to focus on search engine optimization (SEO) to help them get more patients? Let’s take a look at some key factors doctors should consider before they start building up their practice with SEO in mind.

A lot of doctors don’t know that they could be losing patients due to their website not being search engine optimized (SEO). With the right strategy for medical SEO, you can easily increase your site traffic, earn more patients, and ultimately grow your practice’s revenue. In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know about medical SEO, from how to understand what it is and why it’s important to how to create compelling content that will get people to come back to your site again and again and even refer their friends and family!

1. Why Businesses Need to Focus on Search Engine Optimization –
Search engine optimization is important for every business, but it’s vital for medical practices. By optimizing your medical website so that it comes up high in search results on Google and other search engines, you’ll be able to gain more patients. According to a recent study conducted by Search Engine Journal, 30% of internet users don’t read past page one of search results—meaning if your business doesn’t appear on page one, there’s a good chance that 30% will never find you. The same study also found that 40% of users click through two or more pages before making a decision about which company they want to work with.

Getting found online is a key driver of new patients for your medical practice. One of your goals as a doctor should be getting found in local online searches. If you’re not, it means potential patients are finding other doctors first, which can ultimately lead to missed opportunities and less revenue for your business. Let’s talk about why healthcare SEO is so important to your medical practice and how it can help attract more patients, but first, let’s explore what SEO is all about.

2. The Benefits of Search Engine Optimization for Doctors –
There are two main ways that search engine optimization (SEO) for doctors is beneficial. The first, and most obvious, is that it helps to improve your presence on search engines such as Google. The second, a little less intuitive, is that it’s used by doctors (and other professionals) to show off their skill set professionally. For example, some health-related search terms rank so highly that even businesses without a medical practice can rank highly—you’ve likely Googled something like headache or infection symptoms without realizing there was an actual clinic or doctor behind those results.

benefits of medical SEO for Doctors _ GMP

SEO for doctors is important to help you get more patients online. If your practice is in a location where there aren’t enough potential patients nearby, it can be difficult for you and your staff to stay busy. Luckily, medical SEO allows you to bring people in from all over. We know that gaining new patients takes time and resources, which is why we’ve considered these steps when creating our medical SEO packages. Here are some of our most popular medical SEO solutions

3. What are the Most Important Elements of SEO for Doctors?
Most medical practice owners will tell you that there are three primary elements of SEO for doctors. They are #1 – ranking in Google searches, #2 – social media marketing, and #3 – website optimization. All of these are vitally important, but each is unique as well. Ranking in Google searches can mean a higher click-through rate and more visibility to prospective patients. Optimizing your website has a similar effect—by optimizing your website for specific keywords, you’re increasing your chances of being found in organic (non-paid) search results.

Important Elements of SEO _ GMP

Professional and properly written content is fundamental for SEO success. One of your main goals as a medical professional should be providing value to your patients. That means that not only should you treat them like people and have a great bedside manner, but also that you need to make sure they are getting good, helpful information from their visit with you or visit your site/blog/social media presence. This is where making sure all of your writing on social media and your website is optimized and has great long-tail keywords can help drive traffic by giving patients what they want and are looking for without having to search any further.

4. Other Factors That Influence Google Rankings –
There are a lot of elements that play into your rankings for a keyword. Things, like building backlinks, participating in forums, social media, and link building through guest blogging, will all positively affect your ranking in search engines. Not only do you have to look at keywords though, but also think about what content on your website is most relevant for different topics. It’s important to identify gaps in content and improve upon them so that when a user searches for something they don’t find what they want on other websites they may turn their attention towards yours because it offers exactly what they’re looking for.

If you think that optimizing for Google rankings is as simple as putting a meta description tag on your page, think again. There are many factors outside of on-page SEO that affect how high your website ranks in search engines. For example, businesses that acquire positive reviews from their clients will often have higher Google rankings than those that don’t. That said, it’s important to remember that each website is unique and all of these different factors may have a bigger impact on some companies than others. The bottom line is just because your competitor isn’t getting results from an area like social media doesn’t mean you shouldn’t explore it yourself.

Send a message